(TRAINEE) FORMALITIES OFFICER (LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT) - SITTARD BRANCH
WHAT DOES A FORMALITIES OFFICER DO?
At EP&C we help our clients patent their inventions. You will provide support to the patent attorneys who are responsible for this. You will ensure that all steps are carried out correctly, monitor terms and deadlines, prepare files, arrange translations, liaise with agents abroad and file patent applications. In short: through your accurate support, you will make an important contribution to the protection of Dutch inventions both at home and abroad.
In summary, your duties will consist of:
- Providing full administrative support and monitoring the patenting process. This includes sending reports to clients, checking documents, managing the mailbox, answering questions from clients and monitoring deadlines.
- Filing patent applications and taking care of all follow-up steps.
- Maintaining contact with clients, agents and patent councils, both nationally and internationally.
Marion, Senior Formalities Officer: "I find it interesting to provide procedural work of a high standard in the field of intellectual property. I particularly like the fact that I am able to work independently, in a structured and customer-focused way. The Formalities work is always varied and challenging because the law keeps on changing and you have to take these changes into account in your work."
WHAT DOES EP&C HAVE TO OFFER?
This is no ordinary administrative job. You will have the opportunity to gain a great deal of knowledge about patenting. We will train you well and you will be sent on a Certified Formalities Officer course at EP&C's expense. On top of that we will offer you:
- A competitive salary and a 13th month.
- An annual contract for 32-37.5 hours per week with the prospect of a permanent contract.
- Possibility of hybrid working
- Training through the EP&C Academy.
- Care for your health and well-being.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
Accuracy is at the forefront of your mind. In addition, you are tenacious when it comes to getting the information you need. This combination ensures a smooth process in which you do not overlook any detail and all documents are ready on time and complete.
You will also need:
- Professional and intellectual ability at higher secondary/pre-university education level or a senior secondary vocational education secretarial, administrative or legal course.
- Interest in legal proceedings.
- Experience in process-based administrative work.
- A good command of spoken and written Dutch and English.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK AT EP&C?
At EP&C we work in teams. This is how we learn from each other, motivate each other and help each other if necessary. You have responsibilities, but are not left to your own devices. Each group of about five patent attorneys has a fixed team of Formalities Officers attached to it. EP&C employs around 90 people spread across five offices in the Netherlands and Belgium. You will be able to work from home part of the time and at our office in Sittard the rest of the time.
The atmosphere at EP&C is friendly and easy-going. People have lunch and have a laugh together but also work hard. You will receive extensive training from colleagues in a team and will gradually be given more and more responsibility.
Brenda, Trainee Formalities Officer: "There is a friendly working atmosphere, I felt very much at home right from the first week. It is a close-knit team and everyone supports each other when necessary and treats each other with respect. Everyone works hard, but at the same time there is also time for relaxation over a cup of coffee or tea or over a nice communal lunch with the whole team."
DO YOU WANT TO WORK AS A FORMALTIES OFFICER AT EP&C?
If you feel enthusiastic and can see yourself as one of our colleagues then send a cover letter with your reasons for applying together with your CV to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact Anneke Ouwerkerk-Renkema on 046-4113990.