Vacancy for Trainee Patent Attorney – Life Sciences/ Biotechnology
Are you looking for a versatile profession in which you can offer many more qualities in addition to your technical insight? Then our vacancy for a trainee patent attorney (located in Rijswijk/Utrecht) is definitely something for you.
As a patent attorney at EP&C, you will be at the forefront of innovative companies: start-ups, SMEs and multinationals. You will speak to inventors, heads of R&D and boards of directors. They will see you as the trusted advisor who not only understands their technology, but who is also able to reason from the perspective of the company's interests.
- You are inquisitive and have an eye for detail. You are an attentive listener, ask critical questions and exude confidence. You are able to relate to all kinds of technical developments and feel comfortable talking to clients.
- You are fluent in both written and spoken Dutch and English. This is essential in order to effectively put an invention into words.
- When enforcing and advising on patent rights, you are able to make clear analyses and quickly get to the heart of the matter in order to arrive at understandable client-focused strategic advice. You are able to defend your client's interests right up to the highest legal level.
Our profession involves zooming in on the smallest technical detail and then zooming out again to get a helicopter view to draw up a solid patent application or provide sound legal advice. This calls for people with a creative and flexible attitude.
Is this something you would be interested in?
With a broad foundation of experienced patent attorneys EP&C wants to train new Life Sciences/Biotechnology patent attorneys to continue to meet the demands of innovative companies. In the world of patents, the term Life Sciences/Biotechnology is interpreted broadly.
- You preferably have a specialisation in the field of biotechnology, biomedical or (bio)pharmaceutical sciences, (bio)chemistry, molecular sciences or a similar field.
- To be a suitable candidate, you will have completed a university degree and a PhD in one of the above fields. You preferably have several years of work experience in an R&D or high-tech environment.
- You are able to cope with stress, are client-oriented, analytical and accurate.
What are we offering?
You will be working at EP&C, a leading contemporary patent agency with a rich history. With over eighty employees from four offices in the Benelux, we help innovative companies in the field of intellectual property on a daily basis. Needless to say, quality, care, speed and integrity play a key role in this.
As a patent attorney at EP&C, you will have a lot of responsibilities but will not be left to your own devices. We work in client teams to ensure that all aspects of a case receive the right kind of attention. Time and time again, you will combine technology with an in-depth knowledge of patent law and your flair for business interests.
EP&C offers a professional and open culture with plenty of room for personal development and own initiative. As a starting patent attorney, we offer you a high-quality training programme with good career prospects and an excellent salary. The training will demand a lot from you over a number of years. Experienced EP&C colleagues will support you and provide you with practical advice. At EP&C we value a good work-life balance.
For any further questions on the position you can contact Patent Attorney Mark Jolink on +31 (0) 70 414 54 54.
For more information on training courses you can speak to one of our junior colleagues such as Anne de Blécourt or Fleur Kessels. They will be able to give you a first-hand impression of the patent profession. They can be contacted on +31 (0) 70 414 54 54.
On our website, EP&C colleagues also talk about the patent profession. Trainee Marjolein Elderson explains why the training is not for wimps. And trainee Matthijs van der Linden gives a glimpse into his working week. If you are keen to find out why the patent profession continues to fascinate Mark Jolink? Then click here.
How to apply
If this job appeals to you, please send a letter of application with your reasons for applying and CV to email@example.com for the attention of Ellen Offenberg. An assessment is part of the application procedure.