WHAT DOES A (TRAINEE) FORMALITIES OFFICER DO?
At EP&C we help our clients patent their inventions. You will provide support to the patent attorneys who are responsible for this. You will ensure that all steps are carried out correctly, monitor terms and deadlines, prepare files, arrange translations, liaise with agents abroad and file patent applications. In short: thanks to your accurate support, you will make an important contribution to the protection of Dutch inventions both at home and abroad. In summary, your duties will comprise:
- Providing full administrative support and monitoring the patenting process. This includes sending reports to clients, checking documents, managing the mailbox, answering questions from clients and monitoring deadlines.
- Filing patent applications and taking care of all follow-up steps.
- Maintaining contact with clients, agents and patent councils, both nationally and internationally.
Mirjam Dolstra, Formalities Officer: "I enjoy doing detailed administrative work. Everything has to be exactly right so that the process runs smoothly. In this job you sometimes have to solve a kind of puzzle. If something stagnates somewhere along the line, I enjoy trying to establish where that is. I can get really stuck into that."
WHAT DOES EP&C HAVE TO OFFER?
This is no ordinary administrative job. You will have the opportunity to gain a great deal of knowledge about patenting. We will provide you with induction training and send you on a Certified Formalities Officer course at EP&C's expense. On top of that, we offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- A 13th month and 8% holiday pay.
- An annual contract for 37.5 hours per week with the prospect of a permanent contract.
- Hybrid working.
- Training through the EP&C Academy.
- Care for your health and well-being.
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
Accuracy is at the forefront of your mind. In addition, you are tenacious when it comes to getting the information you need. This combination ensures a smooth process in which you do not overlook any detail and all documents are ready on time and complete. You will also need to have:
- Professional and intellectual ability at higher secondary/pre-university education level or a senior secondary vocational education secretarial, administrative or legal course.
- Interest in legal proceedings.
- Experience in process-based administrative work.
- A good command of spoken and written Dutch and English.
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO WORK AT EP&C?
At EP&C we work in teams. This is how we learn from each other, motivate each other and help each other if necessary. You have responsibilities, but are not left to your own devices. Each group of about five patent attorneys has a fixed team of Formalities Officers attached to it. EP&C employs 90 people spread across five offices in the Netherlands and Belgium. You will be able to work from home part of the time and at our office in Rijswijk the rest of the time.
The atmosphere at EP&C is friendly and easy-going. We have lunch together, have a laugh together but also work hard. You will receive extensive training from colleagues in a team and will gradually be given more and more responsibility.
Mirjam Dolstra, Formalities Officer: "I immediately felt very welcome at EP&C. From the receptionist to the director, everyone is nice and accepts each other as they are. People treat each other maturely and respectfully. Various events are organised for those who are interested; team outings, Christmas gala, Teams meetings. There is no pressure for people to participate but the fact that these events are always well attended says something about the atmosphere."
DO YOU WANT TO WORK AS A FORMALTIES OFFICER AT EP&C?
If you feel enthusiastic about this job and can see yourself as one of our colleagues, then let us know why by sending a cover letter with your reasons for applying together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org attn Ellen Offenberg. If you have any further questions, please contact Ellen on 070 - 414 54 42.
No employment agencies please.