Functional Application Manager (Rijswijk, 32 – 37,5 hours a week)
You know those puzzles where you connect the dots to see the big picture? That's what you do as an Application Manager at EP&C. You ensure that everything around our applications is connected in such a way that the overall package helps the users. One moment you are working on acceptance tests, the next a colleague urgently needs your help. This job offers plenty of variety and requires you to be able to quickly switch from one thing to another.
What kind of work will you do as a Functional Application Manager?
You know those puzzles where you connect dots to see the big picture? That's what you will do as an Application Manager at EP&C. You ensure that everything around our applications is connected in such a way that the overall package helps the users. One moment you are working on acceptance tests, the next a colleague urgently needs your help. This job offers plenty of variety and requires you to be able to quickly switch from one thing to another.
The work of a Functional Application Manager in short:
- Co-managing our Intellectual Property software to ensure that the application works optimally.
- Translating work processes within the organisation into workflows, coordinating these with colleagues and users and implementing them in the application.
- Preparing test plans, coordinating these with colleagues and users and performing functional tests.
- Providing day-to-day user support. For example, with acceptance tests, problem analyses, incident resolutions and giving instructions on how to use the application.
- Ensuring proper access rights for existing and new users.
- Compiling SQL reports and writing SQL scripts to modify larger amounts of data.
Henny Trimbos, IP Software Coordinator: “The world of intellectual property is unique. As a Functional Application Manager you get a glimpse of the latest innovations. The world is your playing field, because we work internationally for and with our clients, suppliers and business associates. That also makes this job very dynamic."
Who are EP&C?
Where innovation meets law, that is where the magic happens. That’s EP&C Patent Attorneys as it is the patent office that looks beyond technology. We help innovative entrepreneurs manage their intellectual property. This consists not only of a patent application or design protection, but also monitoring rights, dealing with infringement allegations and sharing thoughts on innovations.
With over ninety employees and five offices in the Benelux, EP&C is a leading, contemporary organisation. EP&C has a friendly and informal culture. People have lunch together and have a laugh from time to time but also work hard. At EP&C we value a good work-life balance, we look after each other and focus on your professional and personal development.
As a Functional Application Manager you will mainly be working with the IP Software Coordinator. You will find respect, openness and humour in this collaboration, as well as with your other EP&C colleagues.
Who are you?
Of course you are critical, able to respond quickly and think in terms of solutions. But what we find just as important is that you take your development as seriously as we do.
You will also need:
- Professional and intellectual ability at higher professional education or university level (preferably Business Informatics or equivalent work experience).
- Experience in creating SQL queries and scripts.
- Approximately 3 - 5 years' experience as a Functional Application Manager or experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of information flows and business processes and data and impact analysis.
What does EP&C have to offer?
Appreciation is important to us at EP&C. Just like your development and health. That is why we offer you the following employment conditions:
- A competitive salary and a 13th month.
- An annual contract for 32 - 37.5 hours per week with the prospect of a permanent contract.
- A great deal of flexibility when it comes to where and when you work.
- Training through the EP&C Academy.
- Attention to your well-being.
Henny Trimbos, IP Software coordinator: "We take time for the induction process. You get the opportunity to learn how the package works in practice, for example by joining the teams for a while. This will give you an insight into the end user’s experiences with the application."
Are you coming to work at EP&C?
If this has made you be enthusiastic about this job then let us know why by sending a cover letter with your reasons for applying together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org attn Ellen Offenberg.
If you want to find out more about the job first then why not give Henny Trimbos a call. She will be happy to tell you more about it. You can reach Henny on 06 143 929 53.
No employment agencies please.